First Aid Thermal Blanket
Man Overboard (MOB) as we have often specified on this site is perhaps the worst emergency we can have on board any boat.
This emergency does not end with the identification and recovery on board of the unfortunate Man Overboard.
In fact, once the MOB has been recovered on board, whether it has been in the water for a few moments or several minutes, whether it has been more or less protected by clothes, whether it is winter or summer, the problem that can immediately arise is that of a hypothermic crisis.
Let us summarize what needs to be done when the MOB gets back on board:
- Move it gently (so that the blood from the hands and feet does not get too cold to the organs)
- Take off his wet clothes and dry him (even in summer)
- Warm it up (even in summer)
- Evaluate their physical and shock state
- Eventually call for help
IT IS ESSENTIAL to always have some QUALITY Metallic Thermal Blankets available on board so as to warm it up and protect it immediately and efficiently whatever the weather and sea conditions.
It is of fundamental importance because:
- It is more efficient than any traditional blanket: it acts by thermal refraction of the heat produced by the body
- It does not lose its efficiency if it gets wet: it is simply waterproof, even if water enters it, it does not come out and warms up with the body.
- It is designed to cover the entire human body, including the head which is the part of our body that disperses the most heat
- Nothing forbids to further cover the MOB with traditional blankets or other clothing to reduce heat loss in the event of low temperatures. However, the matte blanket must be the one in direct contact with the body.
It also costs little and is small and therefore easy to stow.
The First Aid Thermal Blanket from the well-known German company for safety at sea SeaCurity is SOLAS/MED certified and is a simple, high-quality, safe and absolutely effective product that CANNOT be missing on board your yacht.
|Package size||18 x 12 x 8 cm|
|Open length (without hood)||190 cm|
|Legal duration (where required)||5 years from production|
|Certification:||SOLAS / MED|