Mantus Chain Grubber
the perfect anchor chain hook
How certain are you that your windlass always resists and under all conditions, and that it is in any case right to make it work when it is at anchor?
Also: would you like to cancel the noise of the chain when at anchor?
Finally: what would you think of improving the working angle of the chain by improving the holding of the anchor?
We present our special hooks for retaining chains: Mantus Chain Grubber, the only ones in Dupplex AISI 318 LN stainless steel.
Made with a very high breaking load, completed by a rope - and if desired by a rubber shock absorber - they meet different needs:
- They protect your windlass from intense and prolonged efforts by unloading the work on the cleats
- Using them with a mooring line, they cushion the jerks due to waves, sea currents or gusts of wind
- They cancel the noise of the chain on the bow nose
- Can be used as a spring on the chain, to align the boat with waves when they are not coming from the bow.
- Armed with a two long "mustache-lines", they lower the traction angle.
- Always used with a "mustache-lines", they are the ideal solution for catamarans.
- Unlike other standard chain hooks, even when the chain is not tensioned, thanks to their safety lock THEY CAN'T RELEASE
Mantus Chain Grubber, having been made in Duplex marine stainless steel, is equipped with higher breaking loads: it is therefore super-safe even in the most difficult situations.
But above all it cannot deform under stress so it will never get stuck between two chain links.
The compact design and the safety block strap make it easier to pass inside the anchor roller and faster to cock and disarm.
It enjoys breaking loads higher than those of the chain to which it is connected.
Mantus Chain Grubber is the most practical and safest solution for hooking your chain, improving the work of the anchor.
Available in the following sizes
6 - 7 mm
12 - 13 mm