The best VHF we can offer you
Standard Horizon manufactures some of the best in maritime communications equipment. Since we are not installers but resellers, on this page we offer the HX890E VHF transceiver that we have tested and used daily in our professional activities.
Top of the range of the house, Standard Horizon, HX890E is the floating portable VHF radio with IPX8 waterproofing, 6 Watts of power, Class H DSC with GPS.
Of robust military construction certified MIL-STD-810F, it is not only floating (so if it falls into the water it is easily recoverable), but it is also submersible at a depth of 1.5m for 30 minutes (so if it falls into the sea with the transceiver on your belt or in your pocket, nothing happens and you can even use it to call the boat).
Its large 43.2 x 43.2mm display for easy and intuitive use and is equipped with the night view mode.
Comes with 1800mAh lithium battery, AC and DC chargers and dry battery pack.
The other features we prefer to list them:
- 6W of RF power
- 700mW audio power with RX and TX noise canceling function;
- ITU-R M493-14 Class H DSC (Digital Selective Calling);
- Integrated SBAS 66-channel GPS receiver (WAAS, MSAS; EGNOS);
- Large 43.2 x 43.2mm display for easy and intuitive use;
- Display with night view mode;
- Compass display for navigation to DSC call sign;
- GM (Group Monitor) using DSC group position calling;
- MOB (Man Over Board) localization and navigation function to return point;
- Flashing emergency light with automatic activation in contact with water;
- Integrated 32-code FVP42 and 4-code CVS2500A scrambler;
- Versatile scan function with dual and triple frequency monitors;
- Built-in broadcast FM receiver;
- Separate receiver for DSC CH70;
- DSC calls individual, group and test call;
- Automatic obtaining of GPS position of other vessels via DSC;
- Digital compass: memorize, save and navigate to a location;
- Color black or dark blue;